Tuesday 8 May 2012

accordion type purse bag

This is the latest accordion type purse bag that I made.
I've hand stitched a rabbit on the flap.

This is the back side of the bag with 20cm zipper pocket.

I didn't like making an accordion type bag as it needs to be finished off by using biased tape.
And I just hate using or making biased tape!!

BUT

I came up with the new idea yesterday, and thought I better try it out.
And, as you can see, it worked!!
Now I can make as many accordion type bag as I want!

This type has a front gathered pocket,

2 zipper pockets, one for notes, and one for coins.
8 card holders, and 2 pockets to store point cards in a bulk.

I've hooked the strap on the accordion instead of the top of the flap which I used to do.
If the strap is on the flap, and you open the bag,

see how it tilts dangerously down?
This is the second reason why I didn't like making the accordion type purse bag.
It's so easy to drop things.

BUT

with the new design, I have solved this problem as well!


Great huh?

No comments: