Wednesday 8 September 2010

new trend in handmade bag


This is the most recent bag I made, and it may be hard to tell,
but the bag is made by using vinyl coated fabric.
The craft shop in Japan sells all sorts of printed vinyl coated fabrics (from Liberty as well).
I personally don't like the glossy coating, so I chose the fabric with out the gloss.


This is the back side of the bag. There is a simple pocket and a vertical zipper pocket.


The simple pocket will fit the ID or a transport cards (In the case of my Japanese client, it will be the Suica, or Pasmo)


The vertical zipper pocket will fit any valuable items like your purse.
The idea of these back pockets were originally from my other series of my recent creation.
I will introduce them in my next blog.


There are 2 side pockets to fit your own water bottle, or ipod, mobile, etc.


There is a wide lid to this bag so if you fill it in with loads of stuff, you can still hide the content with it.
There is a 16cm zipper pocket on this lid to keep you key, parking ticket etc.

The inside has 4 pockets and one zipper pocket.


There are 2 pen holders in one of the pocket.
The zipper pocket is wide enough to fit A4 documents.
You can fit magazines, documents easily into this pocket.
Since the fabric I used inside is vinyl coated as well, once you zip away the documents inside, you don't need to fear them getting wet from unsuspected rain!

The handle is hand sewn and I used the fake leather.
I normally use leather for the handle, but since the bag is made with a claim of being "water proof", I used the fake leather this time.
A strap can be attached to wear it on your body, and the length can be adjusted to your liking.
Unfortunately, this strap is made of cotton fabric.
The bag was on Japanese auction, and finished yesterday at a satisfying price!

No comments: