Thursday 5 June 2008

New design bag with quilting


I worked on this bag all day yesterday. This side pocket is where I concentrated most.

I wanted to make a unique side pocket design, and this is how it turned out. I need to make a button for the loop, but it can be done later.

The feed sacks I have used are all with white background, and some purple in the pattern. I patchworked them in a narrow fan shape, and then machine quilted it.

It was my first time to do machine quilting, but I found it fun! I think I like to do more quilting!

This is the back side of the bag. I have used the plain cloth and put a small pocket onto it. The pocket has a quilting cotton in it as well.


This is the new idea I have in mind right now. I have been making a sewing boxes with cross stitches, but to frame it would be nice as well. This is the craft from Denmark, called Aeska, and is a bit different from Cartonnage from France.

I don't know what I embroider, and whether I do cross stitch or not, but I do like to start on it pretty soon.

No comments: