Tuesday 6 January 2009

two new bags

A happy new year!
It has been really hot since last week, and with the perfect timing, our air conditioner has broken down. And no one's working at this time of the year to fix it.
Well, now that we have survived these few hot days without using air conditioner, I think we have proved that the air conditioner is a luxury not a necessity!

In this hot weather, I have made two bags.
Not much but considering the temperature in my studio, I think I did well.


This is the bag I made using a scrap of hand woven woolen fabrics and dotted cottons.
I painted the red bird and stitched it on. It is the image of the wag tail.


This is the inside of the bag. There are total of 4 pockets.


This it the other bag I have finished. I drew this branch of the olive tree, which grow in my backyard, on the Lithuanian linen, and then done a Higaki sashiko all around it with the black embroidery thread. Higaki is the traditional Japanese fence pattern.


There is one zipper pocket, and a small tidy pockets inside the bag.
The leather handle is the one I bought in Japan, and is my favourite.

No comments: