Tuesday 13 January 2009

retro-chic angel


I have cross stitched this angel on a beautiful blue linen fabric I bought from Japan.
Quite expensive linen, but is ideal for cross stitching.
I was going to use only the off white colour, but then decided to add another colour to it.
The idea came to me while I was watching this Japanese drama on VHS.
This lady in the drama was wearing such a beautiful Kimono, and many of the scenes were so artistic, that it was very inspirational.
Most of the Kimono was produced by the modern design, but I first thought it all came from Meiji, Taisho era, when Japanese culture started to be influenced by the Western culture.
It has a retro-chic smell to it, and I just loved it!
I am going to make a sewing box with this angel, but at the same time, am designing a Japanese retro chic bag with lots of beautiful Japanese fabrics!

No comments: