Wednesday 23 April 2008

feed sack sewing box kit is completed!

The box has been completed!
It took quite a long time to finish it because of the patchwork.
It was fan doing it though.
I have changed the lid part a little.
Instead of having a pocket for scissors, I put a long pocket at the top, and brought pin cushion and the bin to the bottom.
It is handier to have pin cushion and the bin at the bottom part of the lid.
But I realised that it is hard to put things into the top pocket, so I may change it a bit again next time.

These are an accessories I made for this box.

The top one , I call "Shi-shu book", is a mini mobile booklet for embroidery tools.

In one pocket you put your mini scissors, and in the other you put your embroidery thread.

There is a bin made of felt on one of the pocket, and the pin cushion is at the middle.

The bottom one is the scissor holder.

They are both made by using cartonnage techunique.

They are all in auction until Saturday.

No comments: