Wednesday 2 April 2008

cross stitch works

This is the alphabet panel which I have cross stitched by hand in 2 colours.
The fabric I used is the antique Hungarian linen.
This fabric is quite hard to use for the counted cross stitch
as the thickness of the yarn varies in places.
Once you get used to it, it becomes enjoyable though.

This is the counted cross stitch done on the same fabric.

The stitch above is on 2x2, but this one is on 1x1, and so the pattern came out smaller.

It was really hard to pick 1x1, and I will never do it again!


This is the stitches I've just finished, and I will make a small pouch with it
using the Liberty fabric to match the colour.
See the size is larger compared to the above pouch as this one is 2x2.


This is the small bag made by English Interior Cotton fabric.

I'm selling it with 3 fabric sanitary napkins.

When I was making this bag, I wasn't enjoying it much.

I think that's because the fabric wasn't my original.

I think I actually love making things using the fabric which I have embroidered.

No comments: