Thursday 21 May 2015

Travel back pack that turns into a bag in an instant

This is the first travel back pack I have ever made.
It is quite hard making a big sized bag.

Using this water proofed No.8 cotton canvas didn't help either.
And I stitched sashiko on it so...imagine my fingertip. Ouch!
Anyway, the flap closes with this hand stitched leather buckle.
Not an easy way to open but then that is what I want.
A back pack that is not easy for people behind me to open.

When you open the flap, there is a zipper too!
The fabric is soft, so you need to hold onto one side when you open it.

There is this deep gathered pocket on both sides.
It will hold water bottle, umbrella, even tripod (maybe?).

It has water proofed fabric inside.

This small handle is one thing that can not omit when making a back pack.
Without it, I feel back pack is incomplete.

This back pack is so useful because,
when you are in packed street or in train

you can just turn it into a shoulder bag in an instant!

No comments: