Wednesday 27 October 2010

my thought from the show

The Ulala show had been a very good experience for me.
It's true that we couldn't manage to attract many people to come and that most people who came were our friends.  However, there's always something positive to come with every experience.
I learned that there are quite many Japanese "crafters" in Perth, and found 2 that are of same age as me.
With the bags, people expected me to have the bags in shops somewhere, and when I told them that I don't, they insisted that I do, and that was very encouraging comment!

I was encouraged at first, but as time goes by, the passion has faded away, and now, I have settled down to make different type of bags for Japanese clients again.
The design of the bag I make for Japanese market is so different, it took me 2,3 days to reset my brain.
I am going to clear up the requested bags first, and then start from there.
I will put bags that didn't sell at the show into Etsy, one daily.  Hope Etsy can help me boost my passion to make these sashiko bags again.

No comments: